Summer is officially here and while it's a season known for swimming and backyard barbecues I also like to think one of the perks is the socially acceptable day drinking! The days are almost always sunny and there are few things more relaxing than an ice cold beverage. One of my favorite things to do is come up with different cocktails for Mike and I to enjoy and every now and then I make something really good! So, I decided that when I do, I'll share!
First runner up is a drink we've coined Gypsy Juice. Every college frat house has it's version of Jungle Juice. An elixir of sorts that combines all different kinds of alcohol and fruits in some type of large bin. You soak the fruit for hours and then enjoy! Gypsy Juice is Jungle Juice's mature aunt that went to prep school and was an equestrian but snuck away to a beach bonfire once or twice and had the time of her life.
- 1 bottle of blood orange Italian soda (we got ours from Whole Foods)
- 1 carton of strawberries
- Muddle (or squish) 4-6 strawberries then added
- Slice then add the remaining strawberries
- 2 grapefruits juiced
- 1 pineapple diced
- 1 1/2 cups muddled then added
- Add the remaining pineapples diced
- 2-3 cups of lemonade (we prefer the Costco kind, so tart and perfect!)
- 2 lemons juiced
- Bacardi Dragon Berry Rum (to taste, we just dumped a lot in the pitcher)
- Vodka of choice (to taste, we just dumped a lot in the pitcher)
It's too simple for words to make. Add all of the above ingredients into a pitcher and let it sit for a few hours and/or overnight if you have the patience! If you make it, let me know how you liked it! And of course, drink responsibly!